Coventry Lake (Wangumbaug Lake) – Coventry
(373 acres) Coventry Lake is fed mostly by bottom springs and surface runoff from several small brooks. It drains southeast into Mill Brook. The water is fair to clear except in late summer with the algal bloom. Sand, gravel, rubble and boulders make up the bottom in the shallows while mud makes up much of the deeper waters bottom.
(T YP LMB SMB CA CP SH BK W AE BB S CRA WC RB)
- Open 6:00 a.m. 2nd Saturday April–last day February
- BASS MANAGEMENT LAKE
- WALLEYE LAKE
- Largemouth & smallmouth bass: 12″ to 16″ protected slot limit. Daily creel limit—6 bass, only 2 may be 16″ or greater
- The possession and use of any live alewives, blueback (glut or river) herring, gizzard, hickory or threadfin shad as bait is prohibited.
- Public access is restricted to launch area.
- 6 MPH limit from sunset to one hour after sunrise all days and on Sundays from noon to 4 pm from May 15 to September 15 and from noon to 2 pm on July 4.
- 40 MPH limit at other times.
- Floating wood docks (Seasonal)
- Chemical toilets (Seasonal)
- 26 parking spaces
- Paved parking surface
- Paved access road surface
- Concrete slab ramp surface
- ADA accessible