Carney’s Smoked Bluefish Dip
After trying this smoked bluefish dip you will never say a bad thing about bluefish again. This is a great idea for parties, excellent with crackers, on toast you name it, the dip simply rocks!
- ½ pound skinless smoked bluefish fillets
- 8 ounces regular cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish (the chopped and pickled horseradish, NOT creamy horseradish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
Add to Taste:
Old Bay seasoning (I think I use about ¼ teaspoon)
A few drops liquid smoke (yeah blasphemy, but it helps sometimes)
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, chives and lime juice. Can be mixed by hand or electric mixer. Next, flake the fish by hand into the mixture, checking for bones and any really hard pieces. Mix by hand to keep a coarser texture (my preference), or with an electric mixer for a smoother texture. Refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours before serving. Serve with toast or crackers, and hot sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Sean Carney